The Just Win Clan Forum
The Just Win Clan Forum
The Just Win Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Just Win Clan Forum

A Message Forum for The Just Win Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Operation Flashpoint 2

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zef
Ensign
Zef

Operation Flashpoint 2 Empty
PostSubject: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 7:33 am

Anyone looking forward to this game like myself.

A little article on how the hardcore will work.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=362071
Back to top Go down
F-A-H-Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade
F-A-H-Q

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:14 am

I have heard of this game, but never paid much attention to it.
Back to top Go down
Zef
Ensign
Zef

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:18 am

It's going to be awesome. The first one on the PC was amazing. It's probably the best shooter I've ever played. the realism it top notch, 1 to 2 bullets and your finished.

off topic ?: what are the clans colors. Logo wise. It it the orange or the black and red like the forums.
Back to top Go down
F-A-H-Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade
F-A-H-Q

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 8:45 am

I will have to look into it more and see.

as for the colors that is something you will have to ask banker because I think it has changed a couple times.
Back to top Go down
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:41 am

I see only one problem...FPS. Smile

We don't really have clan colors. Do what you want and what looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/justwin
Zef
Ensign
Zef

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:45 am

When its done right (FPS) it can be a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:56 am

Yeah, but because of the nature of FPS it's more of a run and gun style. There have been developers working on making it so you can play FPS and still be stealthy and hide (See: Killzone 2, RSV2 and GoW) but I still don't think they're as fun as a full time TPS.

I always feel like my view is limited on FPS games.
Back to top Go down
F-A-H-Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade
F-A-H-Q

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:06 am

By "GoW" do you mean "gears of war?" because that is a third person shooter.

Did you guys see they cancelled "six days in fallujah?" because it was to controversial, but the game is completed supposedly or damn near completed and just not going to be released. How weird is that?
Back to top Go down
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am

GoW is? Damn memory. I only played it once and thought it was pretty decent.

They cancelled 6DiF?! No freakin way!!!
Back to top Go down
F-A-H-Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade
F-A-H-Q

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:24 am

Yep, I have finished both GoW's and they are 3rd person shooters and while it works great for a single player game, the 3rd person style for that game does not translate well into online in my opinion. I tried playing it online and couldn't stand it.

Yeah, I get xbox it was scheduled for release on both systems) magazine and in the magazine it talks about how it was close to if not finished, but the company decided to pull it because of the sensitive subject matter.
Back to top Go down
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 am

Unbelievable. The game looked amazing.
Back to top Go down
F-A-H-Q
Lieutenant Junior Grade
F-A-H-Q

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:37 am

Yeah, it's too bad. Maybe in a few years they will release it
Back to top Go down
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 am

Okay, I looked it up. The game isn't sunk. Konami decided not to publish it because some of the fallen soldier's families complained to the publisher. Atomic Games (the developer) is looking for someone else to publish it or they might self publish. They said they really want to finish the game and yes, it's almost done.

Developer's president, Peter Tamte, says Japanese publisher's decision came without warning; studio hoping to complete the project.

Yesterday, the Asahi Shimbun newspaper quoted a Japanese rep for Konami as saying that the Metal Gear Solid 4 maker was no longer publishing Six Days in Fallujah. The company announced a distribution deal for the "ultrarealistic" Iraq War shooter earlier this month and touted it as a major 2009 release at its gamers' day event just two weeks ago.

Atomic will soon be knocking on other publishers' doors.

"After seeing the reaction to the video game in the United States and hearing opinions sent through phone calls and e-mail, we decided several days ago not to sell it," a Konami rep said. Though no protests were mentioned specifically, there had been loud complaints by several Iraq War casualties' families and a British antiwar group.

While aware of the problem, developer Atomic Games was shocked by Konami's decision to drop the game, which is being made with the assistance of veterans of the titular battle.

"We were informed on Thursday night that Konami had decided to pull out of Six Days in Fallujah," studio president Peter Tamte told GameSpot. "This caught us by surprise. Development of the game had been progressing very well and on schedule."

So what's next for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC title? Atomic reps declined to talk about potential publishing partners or whether or not the company would self-publish. "We would very much like the opportunity to complete the game," was all Tamte would say.

As of press time, US Konami reps still had not responded to requests for comment about Six Days in Fallujah's status or the reasoning behind the company's decision.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Operation Flashpoint 2   Operation Flashpoint 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Operation Flashpoint 2
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Just Win Clan Forum :: The Mess Hall :: The Game Room-
Jump to: