The Just Win Clan Forum
The Just Win Clan Forum
The Just Win Clan Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Just Win Clan Forum

A Message Forum for The Just Win Clan

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BankerBill
Commander
BankerBill

Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders Empty
PostSubject: Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders   Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:15 pm

First of all, East Coast fellas. I don't know if you noticed but our first three clan wars have all been "east coast friendly". They've been early times (the earliest available on the evening ladders). I will continue to schedule ladder matches that guys like Immersive, UnKnown, Zef and Oneshot can participate in. It is always my intention to include EVERYONE in ladder matches. However, there will have to be matches schedule for later also to accomodate the guys that can't participate at the earlier times. I hope everyone understands that.

Second, starting an "east coast [W] clan" would be just like starting a whole new clan. We would have no affilliation to each other other than the fact that we are all friends and we would be rolling the same clan tag. We wouldn't be able to compete in clan ladders together at all. Like I said before, I'm going to continue to schedule ladder matches for both coasts. I also anticipate a lot of our challenges will come from east coast clans and will be scheduled for early times, so I think we'll be fine with the time differences.

Third, the ladders seem to be essentially flawed. They work in theory, but the way they play out is wrong. When challenged our clan does not have the ability to turn down a challenge. You're challenged for a specific time on a specific day and if you can't show up, you're screwed. This can be good if it works in your favor, but it's essentially bad. It means that we'll be having to check the calendar every single day. I don't know at this time however if you get a no contest (where the other team just passes you on the ladder and you don't log a loss) or if you just get a loss. If it's a no contest it would make sense, but to give a team a loss because they couldn't be there at that time is ridiculous.

Fourth, Cott made mention that I challenged a clan and gave them the opportunity to play at a range of times. As far as I know, when I made the challenge I did not know that. I think the evening ladder plays from 6PM to 11PM western and we can be challenged at any time in that range.

Fifth, you can only challenge one clan at a time. So, if I challenge a clan on Monday for 6PM Pacific, I cannot challenge another clan until that war is over. So, it would likely have to be at 7PM Pacific time because you have to give an opposing clan 24 hours notice. However, we can be challenged for that same time the next day by another clan. But, we will not be able to challenge a clan until we have no wars left outstanding. In my opinion, that's wrong. I'd prefer to have multiple wars on any given day, but the system is not set up that way.

If you guys have any qustions, let me know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/justwin
Cott20
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Cott20

PostSubject: Re: Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders   Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 5:03 pm

I can't wait for tournaments...
Back to top Go down
UnKnown-9712
Lieutenant Junior Grade
UnKnown-9712

PostSubject: Re: Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders   Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:03 am

ya i agree with ur points here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders   Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truths and Misconceptions about the Clan Ladders
Page 1 of 1